How do I register Smart Data Recovery?
1. Click on the Options Tab
2. Click on the Register button
3. If you already have a license key, enter your name (or company name) and then the license key and click the Register button.
4. If you don't have a license key, visit www.smartpctools.com/store.html to purchase the product.
What operating systems does it run on?
Smart Data Recovery runs on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server,
Windows 2008 Server 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit
What does Smart Data Recovery do?
Recovering missing or deleted files can be complicated, time consuming and if you choose the wrong data recovery program you risk permanently loosing those files.
Smart Data Recovery is an easy to use, safe solution that recovers deleted, destroyed or damaged data.
Smart Data Recovery scans your computer, external drives or memory cards searching for all missing or deleted files. Some files may be damaged or rewritten.
While Smart Data Recovery works hard to find all missing files but there is no guarantee that every file will be fully recoverable.
What are some of the file types that I might be able to recover?
Smart Data recovery works for a large variety of file types including all of the following.
Document Formats: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Text and PDF
Image Formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, ICO
Binary Files: EXE, COM, DLL, DAT, BAT
HTML and other Web Files: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS
Is it possible to preview files before recovering them?
Yes, in the data recovery window you have the option to preview a file before recovering it. The visual confirmation will ensure that you are recovering the right file.
The quick scan did not find my file. What do I do now?
If the quick scan fails to locate your missing file you will need to try running the advanced scan. The advanced scan will take longer to run as it's more in-depth and should only be used
to locate files not found by the quick scan or files located on formatted disks.
To run a deep scan:
1. Click on the Advanced Scan Tab
2. Select the drive you want to scan
3. Select deep scan
4. Click Start Scan
Instead of running a full scan can I just search by file name or file type?
To search by file name or file type:
1. Click on the Advanced Scan Tab
2. Select the drive you wish to scan
3. Select either a quick or a deep scan
4. If you want to search by file type use the down arrow to select a specific file type
5. If you want to search by file name just enter the file name
6. Click Start Scan
Once the scan is complete how do I select the files I want to recover?
Once the scan is complete the results are displayed in the Data Recovery Window. Recovered files are listed in categories.
Steps to recover a file(s):
1. Click on the "+" sign to expand the categories
2. Select the group you're interested in
3. Once a group is selected information about individual items in this group will be displayed. This information includes file name, path, date and size. Select the file you want to recover
4. Click preview to get a visual confirmation when possible that this is the correct file
5. Click Recover to recover your file
Tip: Use the "find in box" to search through the results for a specific file name. Enter all or part of the file name you're looking for and click on the magnifying glass to start your search.